Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Neglect

Sorry I've been gone a few weeks! There's been a lot going on with doing some travelling, the dance recital, and closing up the buildings that I haven't had time to think of anything smart and witty to write about. Here are a few short updates for now, and hopefully I will return very soon!

Camera: Mission accomplished! It turns out I didn't buy either model I saw on Amazon. I went to Wal Mart and found a Kodak that I really liked, was affordable, and it takes great pics and video. My next goal is to upload the photos and share them here!

Recital: It went great! Last week was busy with picture day, rehearsals, and working through my nerves. Friday night we opened and I was so nervous I couldn't sew the ribbons on my pointe shoes because my hands were shaking so much! I had people in the audience, which is something that never happened the entire 18 years I danced at home. I did mess up a little in the opening, but the solo went well and my girls did a fantasic job. The Saturday performance went a lot better, partly because I got my jitters out Friday, and it was only my mom in the audience. She's been watching me dance for 22 years, so I wasn't concerned. It was a great experience and I am already putting ideas together for next year.

Work: Upgrades: 24 hour quiet (thank you, finals week). Residents moving out. Downgrades: Paperwork. This time of the year is very administrative and task-heavy doing a lot of billing, damage assessment, writing end of year reports, and wrapping up year-long projects. I'm still working after graduation this weekend and getting ready for Orientation to start.

Summer Plans:
-I'm going to Arizona! It's more like chaperogning students at a conference in Tuscon, but hey it's Arizona! I'll be there the 22nd to 25th and can't wait.
-Dinner with Leah, Michelle and babies? It's been tough to schedule a night we all can get together, but I am sure we'll find a time soon. I'm dying to see the babies again!
-Dinner with my sister! She's flying in to Buffalo for her best friend's bridal shower, so I'm taking Isaiah to dinner to meet her. I can't wait for them to finally meet each other.
-Coldplay concert!!!!
-Weddings galore. Three weddings this summer, and two are on one day.
-Shipping up to Boston! July 1-5 I'll be hanging out with Isaiah and his family.
-The MAINE Event! We've been planning this trip to Maine since February and we are so excited. Unfortunately we'll need to start back full time at work when we come back but at least we'll be relaxed.
-Other assorted outings, like to Darien Lake, Norwich, movies, dinners, cookouts, festivals.....

I'll be back soon with some pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I hope we can find a time soon too! Sounds like you have a busy yet fun summer planned!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so I'd like to comment on your blog but after three weeks of no post... what's a girl to do! POST SOMETHING!

    ReplyDelete