I've been talking about how I need a new camera for a while. I really need to get one before I go to Arizona, or I'm going to steal Isaiah's and bring his with me. Here's how I found myself in this situation- back in January we had RA training, as usual. I have a lot of pictures from training, and from the closing banquet. I was wearing a really cute dress, and some really high heels. I made the icy walk from my car through the parking lot to my bulding with no problems. I walked down 12 out of the 14 stairs to my apartment. That penultimate step is now the bane of my existance. Even though I have taken ballet for 22 years of my life and now teach it to future dancers, somehow taking the last step I went from upright to flat on my face. Luckily my bag broke my fall. Wait, what was that uncomfertable hard lump of metal in my bag? Oh, that was my camera.
I never took that many pictures to begin with. But that was before I was in a relationship, before I was managing a lot of events that I could have been taking pictures of, and before I knew I would visit exotic locations like Boston, Maine and Arizona. So for the past month or so, I have sorely missed having a camera. I browsed a few options on Amazon and put myself on a budget of $200, not just because that's all I want to spend, but will be the ammount of my next ballet paycheck.
I want one that will take really clear pictures, user-friendly, and takes video. So in my research I found:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0012OELQW/sr=1-18/qid=1241059510/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=502394&s=photo&qid=1241059510&sr=1-18
and
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0011ZK6PC/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=502394&s=photo
(Leah- how do I make these links into words????)
Right now I'm leaning toward the second one because it's $50 cheaper than the first one. The first one is pink, which scores automatic points, but more expensive. They both look user-friendly but the blue one seems more of what I am looking for. I am still going to go to Wal Mart and Staples, just to look at the real thing or find other deals. Anyone have suggestions?
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
speaking from a fellow clutz who has went thru 4 cameras in 4 years, I don't recommend camera's with external zoom cuz if you drop them they are done for. I have the Olympus 850SW that is both shock (drop) proof and water proof, and it comes in sassy colors too which is a plus and it was $250. As a camera connoisseur I def recommend Olympus. You can check out specifics on all their cameras here:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_digital.asp?s=price