Hello. Welcome to 2010. It's been a while, but I haven't forgotten about you. I suppose that's no excuse for not updating but I haven't had too much motivation. My camera, the one I had written about buying last year, decided to malfunction halfway during our trip to Maine in August so I have not pictures to share of any of the last four months. Aside from working and having a busy and challenging semester I couldn't think of much to write about. I spent a lot of time with friends and Isaiah but didn't do anything too spectacular. I did go to Disney in October with friends and had a good time but still didn't feel like writing about it. I do like writing about what's going on with me but by the time I remember to actually do it, it doesn't get done. So maybe for 2010 I will try and do my best to update more often.
The holidays were great! I went home to Norwich for a week and spent a lot of time with my mom and sister. Unfortunately my uncle died on Christmas Eve so the week after was spent in a sad way. Isaiah had gone home to Lynn for the holiday too so we had decided to exchange gifts after we got back to Geneseo. Well, I gave him my gift when we got back because he snuck my present home with my sister! We were in Geneseo for New Years/our anniversary. New Years Eve we went to our friend's apartment and celebrated with coworkers who were in town. On the Day we relaxed, watched tv, spent quality time together and I made a nice dinner. It was a wonderful way to celebrate one year of our relationship and look forward to years in the future. We just went back to Lynn this weekend for his friend's wedding and had a great time. I wish we could be there more often/lived closer!
It was a short break for us this year and professional staff training started last week. The RAs are all back now and we open our buildings to new students on Thursday! I am also on duty starting Thursday so I hope this week goes by quickly and without incident (but I'm not holding my breath). It's been a great start to the year though and my staff is working well as a team now.
One of the things that will probably pop up here this year is my job search. I am still on the fence as to what I want to do. I could stay in Geneseo another year, and it is nice to know I have that option. As much as I love being here and working with these students, I have that gut feeling that it could be the time to move on. I haven't kept it a secret that I am thinking about leaving but it is certainly going to be hard to say good-bye. Something that could impact this decision is that Isaiah may or may not leave as well. We don't know if he'll go to grad school, move back to Massachusetts or stay in Geneseo. It's a time right now where I am not in control of my future, which is a position I hate to be in.
One fun thing I can do to take my mind off troubling issues like looking for a job is playing my Wiiiiiiiii! Santa brought it for Christmas and I used some gift cards and money from family to buy some games and accessories for it. Right now I have Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Mario Kart. I am really good at bowling and pitching in baseball, but horrible at tennis and batting! I don't go anywhere near golf. Mario Kart is my favorite but it's definitely a different feel on Wii from the N64 I am used to. I hope to buy some new games like Zelda and Lego Batman after training.
It's been a long day and tomorrow I am getting up early to go to the gym and run errands before training. Perhaps I can update again next week, if I remember! If I go 4 more months with out an entry though, I hope Leah will remind me.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nikki, Thanks for updating :) I didn't know your uncle passed away. I'm so sorry to hear that. A terrible way to end 2009.
ReplyDeleteAs for your Wii... Sam loves his. He plays it whenever he can! He got Lego Star Wars for Christmas but hasn't played it yet!
Hope you fix your camera soon. You "just" bought that thing... isn't it still under warranty?!?!
yeah, it's still under warranty but I can't find the receipt. I probably threw it out and so I can't send it back to Kodak without paying money to have it fixed. I think I got sand in it when we were at the beach. I'd like to get a new computer with my refund check after tax time, so I don't know when a new camera will come my way. Until then I am sharing Isaiah's!
ReplyDelete