Monday, June 29, 2009

Speed Racer Magee

Well, it had to happen some time. I've been driving for ten years and it was probably about time I got a speeding ticket. Last Tuesday I had dinner with my two friends from grad school, Michelle and Leah, and their babies Olivia and Millie (respectively). We were at Michelle's house in Brockport, and instead of spending $.75 to take the thru way I went down route 19 to 63. As soon as I turned left onto 63 in Pavillion I gunned it up the hill. Well I gunned it too much because the state trooper caught me going 50 in the 35. I really didn't know how fast I was going, but I knew I was speeding. And I didn't see the trooper car. Even in the dark I'm usually pretty good at spotting them. I should have spent the 75 cents to go 75 on the thru way instead of now having to pay a lot more for speeding. I'll go to court and get it reduced down (first ticket of any kind, so I should be ok, right?) so *hopefully* there won't be points on my license.

The dinner was fun, it's always a great time seeing the babies and how much they've grown since the last dinner. It had been about 3 months since we had gotten together, so the girls have made some major mile stones! Olivia is crawling, she even stood up! They're both eating table foods. Millie makes faces at me (soooo cute!). I'm hosting the next one in July and now that they're fairly mobile I'm going to need to baby proof my living room!

Babies! That's Olivia in the purple and Millie in the strawberries. I jacked this pic from Leah's blog because I didn't take pictures that evening.

Countdown to Boston: 2 days!!!! I've been getting more excited as Wednesday gets closer. Still super nervous, but excited. I can't wait for that moment in the airport when Zay comes to get me. Having been brought up in a proper Italian household, I am making cookies to bring for his family. If they aren't too sure about me, at least I can win them over with some food. I am using the old family recipe for Italian cookies that's based on an original cookie from our region in Italy. They're basically frosted lemon balls, and are always a hit whenever we make them. They don't break, which is a plus since I'm carrying my bag on. Despite my nerves, I really am looking forward to meeting his parents, sister and niece and seeing where he grew up. I'm even semi-excited about going to a Red Sox game. Although lightning might strike me dead the moment I set foot in the stadium. Just pray for my soul and hope the ghost of my grandfather won't haunt my dreams that night (I come from a die hard Yankees family, wherein lies the problem! Luckily this issue is the only major problem we've encountered in our relationship, and I hope to keep it that way!).

Aside from getting ready for the trip and working that's all going on for me at the moment. I don't know why June decided to fly by so fast. July had better slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment